Starting with Portfolio for Jira 2.17.1, the new planning experience can now be used in your production instances.
Note the following when using the new experience:
- Some features may not be complete just yet, as we're continuously iterating on these.
- Any pages discussing the new experience will not be available in the usual page sidebar.
We've linked the table of contents below, so you can easily navigate the documentation at any time.
To configure the settings of a plan, you need to have the Portfolio for Jira user permission. See Permissions in Portfolio for Jira to know more about plan permissions.
Portfolio for Jira has several settings that you can configure for your plans, so you can plan work better for your team.
Sample estimation settings
Note that we're still iterating on how settings are configured in the new experience. At this time, you can configure the following settings:
Choose how you want to estimate the issues in your plan:
- Story points (only available when the issue source is a Scrum board)
You can modify the issue sources of your plan at any time. Note that changing issue sources will affect your the scope, releases, and teams in your plan.
In your plan, click settings () > Configure > Issue sources.
Click Edit issue sources. This will display the 'Create plan' wizard.
Select your issue sources from existing boards, projects, and filters, and then click Next.
Select the releases to include in your plan, and then click Next.
Select the issues to include as the scope of your plan, and then click Done.
As a Portfolio for Jira administrator, you can now choose the users who can make changes in a plan, and the users who can only view a plan.
Sample plan permissions
To manage plan permissions:
- In your plan, click settings ( ) > Configure > Permissions.
- From the Edit drop-down, choose the users who can make changes in the plan.
- From the View drop-down, choose the users who can only view the plan.