This is the alpha version of Portfolio for Jira 3.0 — your sneak peek at the improved functionality that's just around the corner. As such, do note the following:
- Some features may not be complete just yet, as we're continuously iterating on these.
- Because it's an alpha version, the documentation will only be visible to you, our alpha users. You will not find any alpha pages in the usual page sidebar.
We've linked the table of contents below, so you can easily navigate to the alpha pages at any time.
In alpha, you'll notice that the Releases view from 2.0 plans is no longer available.
Releases view in 2.0 plans, which is currently not available in 3.0 plans
The Portfolio for Jira team is iterating on the releases function in 3.0 plans. We'll be incrementally rolling this out in future releases.
Meanwhile, in alpha, you still have the Releases view. In this view, you can create and manage the releases in your plan, just like how you would in Portfolio for Jira 2.0.
|1||Create a new release in your plan. You can choose to make your release either project-specific or cross-project.|
Edit or exclude a release from a plan.
When you click a release, the release details appear in the right panel, where you can edit these details accordingly.
|3||Configure or edit the details of a release as needed. You can choose from various options for the start date and release date. See Configuring release dates and Using the later release for more details.|
|4||Create a cross-project release. This is helpful when you're managing joint releases, dates, and milestones across multiple projects. See Creating and configuring cross-project releases for more details.|
- Dynamic and optimized release dates aren't visible in the releases view yet. See Future releases and limitations for more details.
- At the moment, you cannot save any changes involving releases in the new 'Review changes' dialog in 3.0 plans.
- If you've made such changes, you'll need to save them via the 'Review and commit changes' dialog from 2.0 plans. See Saving changes in Jira to know more.
- For more details on creating and managing releases, see the documentation for Releases in Portfolio for Jira 2.0.