Grouping by components
Before you begin, note that the components should already be existing in your Jira project. See Managing components to know how to create and use components in your Jira issues.
To create a group for a component in a plan:
- In the roadmap view of the plan, click View settings.
- From the 'Group by' menu, choose Component. The options for component groups will be displayed.
- Click + Create group.
- Enter a name for the new group.
- In the field that appears, start typing to enter the components that you want to add to the group.
To delete a component group, go to the 'group by component' view settings, find the group you want to delete, then click the delete icon next to it.
Notes when grouping by components
Sample issues grouped by components
In the example above...
- TIS-116 and TIS-4 are using components that are not included in the Admin group, as you can see in the 'group by component' view settings. However, their child story TIS-134 is using the component Office Support, which is included in the group. This is why the issues are grouped under Admin.
- Issues not using any of the configured component groups will be grouped under All other issues, as shown at the bottom of the example.