This feature allows you to experiment with different scenarios. For example, you may have scenario A with your standard team velocity but you’re aware that there’s a chance something will come up that will reduce your team's velocity. You can reduce the velocity in scenario B and switch to it when you want to assess the impact of such risk.
- Go to your plan > click located next to the plan name and go to Configure.
- Select Scenarios and click Enable scenarios.
- As you can see, there is an available "initial scenario".
- If you want to create a new scenario, select + Create scenario.
- Add a scenario title, pick a color and decide whether you want to create a scenario from an existing one, or a blank scenario.
- Click Create scenario.
Now you can see your new scenario on the list.
- Go back to your plan view.
As you can see now, there is a new dropdown from where you can select and change the scenario you're looking at.
You can create as many scenarios as you want. Remember that uncommitted changes are specific to individual scenarios.
- Once you're happy with the changes, select Uncommitted changes and commit the changes you want to keep or select revert to go back to the original scenario status.
How to disable scenarios
If you disable the scenarios feature, you'll be given the opportunity to keep the changes of one scenario. The uncommitted changes in all the other scenarios will be lost.
- To disable scenarios go to your plan > click located next to the plan name and go to Configure.
- Select Disable.
- Select the scenario you want to keep uncommitted changes from and click Disable.