Tips and trick for migrating from Studio to Standalone
Reconfigure the email servers
To use Gmail as your email server please follow this instructions. If you decide to use a local SMTP server for email notifications: this are the instruction to follow. By using a local email server this needs to accept relay from JIRA server.
To fix Creating Issues and Comments from Email configuration please refer to http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email .
Remove licenseFileMonitor service
ERROR ServiceRunner licenseFileMonitor [sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService] Unable to load a service descriptor for the job 'licenseFileMonitor'.
Remove the service by following this instructions.
Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:greenhopper-days-remaining-gadget/gadgets/days-remaining.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500 Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.ext.charting:timeinstatus-gadget/com/atlassian/jira/ext/charting/gadget/timeinstatus-gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500 Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.ext.charting:workloadpie-gadget/com/atlassian/jira/ext/charting/gadget/workloadpie-gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500
The gadgets that are not working are related with non installed plugins as Greenhopper. Installing the plugin will solve the problem. Please refer to JIRA Studio Plugin Policy for a list of plugins used in Studio.
How to remove Bamboo configuration from JIRA
Refer to this documentation to disable the Bamboo plugin in JIRA.
How to remove Fisheye configuration from JIRA
1. If existing, remove any Fisheye gadget from JIRA dashboards.
2. Remove link from Fisheye Repositories to JIRA Projects
- Go to your JIRA URL in your browser, e.g. http://jira.mycompany.com:8080.
- Click 'Administration' in the top navigation bar to open the JIRA Administration console.
- Click 'Projects' link in the 'Project' section of the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click the name of the JIRA project that you want to remove with a Fisheye repository/Crucible project. The JIRA project's configuration page will appear.
- Locate the 'Application Links' option and remove the reference to Fisheye.
3. Remove the Application Link Between a JIRA and a Fisheye/Crucible Server
- In JIRA, click 'Administration' in the top navigation bar to open the JIRA Administration console.
- Click 'Application Links' in the left-hand panel.
- Remove the Application Link to Fisheye
I don't see a Projects drop-down or Issues/Wiki tabs
This functionality is not present in the standalone version.
The logo isn't displaying
Please refer to Customising the Look and Feel to fix it.
How do I enable federated search JIRA/Confluence?
This functionality does not exist in the standalone version.