Recover Saved Filter from XML Backup
- Saved filters are stored in the JIRA database
- Each saved filter is stored as a row in the "searchrequest" table
- When a saved filter is deleted the row is deleted. There is no ability to undelete.
Recovering a Deleted Filter
You may recover a deleted filter by locating its settings in your most recent XML backup and manually recreating the filter in JIRA's user interface.
- Do not attempt to modify the searchrequest table or any other database tables
Inside of an XML backup you will find the database tables in XML form.
- The saved filters are in the "searchrequest" table.
- The entries for this table will appear in the XML backup
- The lines will begin with "<SearchRequest"
Example Saved Filter
<SearchRequest id="10000" name="Filter for Dragons 10 board" author="charlie" user="charlie" request="project = "Dragons 10" ORDER BY Rank ASC" favCount="0" nameLower="filter for dragons 10 board"/>
Breakdown of Saved Filter XML:
id="10000" This is the ID of the filter
name="Filter for Dragons 10 board" Name of the saved filter
author="charlie" User who originally created the filter
user="charlie" User who originally created the filter
request="project = "Dragons 10" ORDER BY Rank ASC" This is the filter query
favCount="0" Number of users who marked this filter as a favorite
nameLower="filter for dragons 10 board" Name of saved filter in lowercase