Missing option to enable Jira Service Management for existing project
注意This feature is only available for Jira 6.4.x including Jira Service Management 2.5.x and any version below it. As the function in Jira 7 or Jira Service Management 3 and above has been replaced by Project Type to enable Jira Service Management features on a project.
When trying to Enable an existing project to be a Service Management project is not possible from the following:
- Service Management Menu > Create a Service Management > Enable for existing project
- Chosen Existing Project > Project Administration > Service Management(not visible)
- When trying to select a some of the project or the desired project is not selectable.
- There is no Service Management project in the Project Administration page of the desired project.
- The user has Jira Administration Global Permission, but not Administer Project permission.
- The user is not a Service Management Agent.
While the user that is used able to access Project Administration page, it does not actually have the Administer Project for that specific project.
- Make the user as one of the any Service Management Agents. "Managing agents" documentation.
- Include the user to have the Administer Project permission of the desired project Permission Scheme and check if the option is appearing on the Project Administration page. For more information about configuring Project administration, please refer to Managing Project Permissions documentation.
- Or, login as the user who are a Service Management Agent and the Project Administrator of the specific project.