Jira Service Management not searching for Confluence Knowledge Base articles
When using the Jira Service Management customer portal to search for solutions on a Confluence Knowledge Base, the error below is displayed:
"Something went wrong, either your query is invalid or we cannot contact the knowledge base."
The following appears in either the
catalina.out or in the
2014-11-28 14:09:31,804 http-bio-8311-exec-23 WARN admin 849x574x1 1oocg8x 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/DESK/kb/6c17237c-d9ea-3709-9238-7bf67274000c/articles [internal.feature.applink.RestResponseHandler$] Received invalid JSON response for path /rest/knowledge-base/1.0/search?type=page&where=TKS&queryString=test
This error might happen due to either of the reasons below:
- You are running a Confluence version 5.5.1 or earlier and facing the bug - CONF-35495Getting issue details... STATUS .
- The Confluence system plugin Confluence Knowledge Base Blueprints Plugin is disabled.
- Broken index on Confluence Side
For Cause 1:
- Upgrade Confluence to version 5.5.2 or later following the instructions on the Upgrading Confluence document.
For Cause 2:
Try to manually enable the add-on via the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM).
In case the add-on does not enable successfully, try cleaning Confluence's plugin cache
For Cause 3:
- Perform a ful lock reindex on Confluence side