How to enable or disable access to the Jira Server mobile app
This article only applies to the Atlassian server platform. Learn more about the differences between cloud and server.
If you don't want users to be able to connect to your site using the Jira Server mobile app, you can prevent them from logging in.
You may need to do this if:
- your site is not on the public internet, and you don't yet have a solution for accessing it on mobile devices (for example VPN access for all devices)
- an internal policy prevents users from accessing your site via a mobile device.
To enable or disable access to the Jira Server mobile app:
- Open Jira in your browser
- Go to > Manage apps > Manage apps.
- Choose System apps in the drop-down, then search for the following apps:
- Jira Mobile REST API Plugin
- Jira Mobile
- Expand the listing for each app and choose Disable or Enable.
When the Jira mobile plugin is enabled, users should be able to log in (provided all other pre-requisites are met).
When the plugin is disabled, users will be able to download the app (as these are provided via the public App and Play stores), but they'll not be able to log in. They'll see a message that a plugin is missing.