How are the 'suggestions' calculated in the Assignee dropdown
On Assign issue transition screen there are some automatic suggestions. How are they calculated?
The Assignee dropdown is separated into three groups:
- Unassigned and Automatic
- Suggested Users
- Assignable Users
The suggested users are calculated in the following manner. Only those that are able to view the issue and be assigned are displayed. If you're uncertain about whether or not a user can be assigned to that issue, use the JIRA Admin Helper.
- JIRA picks up a list of last (maximum) 5 users that the current user has assigned issues to (say Tony, Jack, Alex, Rita, James).
- Then JIRA picks up a list of users that this issue has been assigned to in the past (say Ram).
- After this, JIRA adds to this, the reporter of this issue (say Ram).
- After this, the list is compiled and the duplicates are removed (with above example we will have Tony, Jack, Alex, Rita, James, Ram in the list).
- Lastly, they are arranged in the ascending order (Alex, Jack, James, Ram, Rita, Tony) and then displayed in the Assignee dropdown.