Creating Application Link throws Echo response is inconsistent with request in JIRA
プラットフォームについて: Server と Data Center のみ - この記事は、サーバーおよびデータセンター プラットフォームのアトラシアン製品にのみ適用されます。
When creating a new Application Link an Error banner is displayed behind the Application Link modal. The modal does not go away until you click Cancel.
As illustrated in the screenshot:
- To better understand why the link does not get created successfully, we can use the browser's developer tools.
- See Generating HAR files and analyzing web requests for more details
- The HAR File shows us the response is 401 Unauthorized
With the use of Applinks Diagnostics Plugin we can further diagnose why the Application Link fails to create. In this example you'll see the echo response test is failing:
HTTP Echo: fail . . . Request URL is inconsistent. Sent [http://stash."...".local/plugins/servlet/applinksDiagnostics/echo] Received [http://patlah1inf01."...".local:7990/plugins/servlet/applinksDiagnostics/echo] Echo response is inconsistent with request
Authentication Check: warn Server date: Mon, 18 May 2015 01:36:19 GMT Attempting authentication of link to Stash Checking if OAuthAuthenticationProvider is configured OAuthAuthenticationProvider is configured for Stash, trying authentication Attempting to request http://stash.investlab.local/plugins/servlet/applinksDiagnostics/authenticate OAuthAuthenticationProvider Failed to get token from service provider, problem was: 'signature_invalid' Failed to connect using OAuthAuthenticationProvider to Stash
- By comparing a HAR file and results of the Application Diagnostics you'll see that there is a problem with authentication.
- One of the applications is accessed through a reverse proxy, while the other one is not.
- Bypass the proxy on both sides and try creating the Application Link again.
You can bypass a proxy by setting up a second connector in Tomcat to be used specifically for the application link. For more details take a look at Step 1.3 of Integrating JIRA with Apache