Best practice to change from WAR to Bin installation
We will suggest to perform the following steps (for the migration in same server):
- Backup JIRA Home Directory (include plugins, attachments, and data).
- Backup Data:
- Export out an XML backup via JIRA Backup UI.
- Export your Database Dump out.
- Shutdown JIRA WAR.
- Install a new JIRA Bin in your server.
- Run JIRA Configuration Tool.
- Configure JIRA to use the backup JIRA Home Directory.
- Configure JIRA to use the current database.
- Jira を起動します。
If you plan to do migration in another server, please refer our Migrating JIRA to Another Server article.
We recommend to test this changes in Staging Environment.