Unable to connect to Hipchat after upgrading Hipchat Server to version 2.1.3 and newer
プラットフォームについて: サーバーと Data Center のみ。この記事は、サーバーおよび Data Center プラットフォームのアトラシアン製品にのみ適用されます。
This is for an outdated version of Hipchat Server
This article applies to a version of Hipchat Server which will be deprecated soon. After that period the version will no longer be supported.
The following versions have been deprecated:
- Hipchat Server 1.3 (EOL Date: Aug 17, 2017)
- Hipchat Server 2.0 (EOL Date: Jun 17, 2018)
- Hipchat Server 2.1 (EOL Date: Dec 8, 2018)
The following version will be deprecated soon:
- Hipchat Server 2.2 (EOL Date: May 30, 2019)
You can read more about Atlassian's End of Life policy here.
You should upgrade to a more recent version of Hipchat Server as soon as you can to take advantage of new features, and security and bug fixes.
After upgrading to Hipchat Server 2.1.3 and later, Mac Desktop Clients are unable to log in to any chat sessions.
The log in attempt fails with the following error:
- An older Hipchat Server that used AddLive for video chat.
- The server was upgraded to version 2.1.3 or higher, which enables the new Hipchat Video solution by default.
Examining the Mac OS Hipchat Logs reveals the following:
2017-02-27 09:52:22:293+0000 [firstname.lastname@example.org] [WebCore] Missing addlive app id, fetching before proceeding 2017-02-27 09:52:25:780+0000 [email@example.com] [Web] Web Core log since 09:52:24 GMT (1 message) 2017-02-27 09:52:24:359+0000 [firstname.lastname@example.org] [WebCore] Failed to fetch addlive app id: [object Object] 2017-02-27 09:54:16:211+0000 [email@example.com] [AccountContext] Current state updated: Error 2017-02-27 09:54:16:212+0000 [firstname.lastname@example.org] [AccountView] onError() called 2017-02-27 09:54:16:212+0000 [email@example.com] [AccountView] Received error: LoadingTimeout
- The Hipchat Mac Desktop client is caching old information for the AddLive video solution, which is no longer included or supported on Hipchat Server.
- Since the client can no longer fetch the AddLive app id from the server, the client will fail to connect.
- If already logged out of the Hipchat Server and unable to log back in post-upgrade, please follow the steps to clear the Hipchat Mac Preferences in this article, then log back in: