Hipchat Data Center supported platforms
Supported Client Platforms
macOS X version 10.9 or later
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Linux (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint, Debian)
Third-party XMPP and Jabber clients
Desktop client limitations:
- The Windows clients may require extra steps to install. See the Windows Clients Hipchat Knowledge Base for more information.
- Support for the Linux-based clients is limited. See the Linux Clients Hipchat Knowledge Base for more information.
- Deployment of desktop clients in a remote-managed terminal environment is not supported.
- Third-party chat clients, such as Adium and Miranda, are not supported.
Browser-based web client
Google Chrome - latest is recommended for security purposes
Microsoft EDGE - latest is recommended for security purposes
Mozilla Firefox - Extended Support Release (ESR) 52 or later
Safari - version 9 or later
Microsoft Internet Explorer - version 11 or later
Browser-based client limitations:
- Additional requirements apply when using Hipchat Video. See Video chat and screen sharing in Hipchat Data Center for more details.
iOS 10.3.x or later
Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
Mobile client limitations:
- Hipchat Video is not available for mobile clients.
To learn more about the components of a Hipchat Data Center deployment and their uses, see Hipchat Data Center architecture.
AWS - region restrictions apply (see notes at right)
vSphere 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5
Hipchat nodes limitations:
- AWS deployments require access to Amazon EFS, which has limited (but increasing) availability across AWS regions.
If you are deploying to AWS using our CloudFormation template, you can deploy to the following regions:
us-east-1 (N. Virginia)
- You can use VirtualBox for test and evaluation deployments only. VirtualBox does not meet the performance requirements for a production deployment.
Postgres 9.5 only
Redis version 3.2 only
NFS version 4 only