Hipchat Server のシステム要件
This page describes what you need to install Hipchat Server and links to system requirements for the clients. It is intended for IT administrators.
Hipchat Server supports the following virtualization platforms:
- VMware (64bit): Follow the instructions in Deploying Hipchat Server from an OVA Image
- VirtualBox (64bit): Follow the instructions in Deploying Hipchat Server from an OVA Image
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Follow the instructions in Deploying Hipchat Server from an Amazon Machine Image.
Using unsupported virtualization platforms may cause issues when installing, running, or upgrading Hipchat Server.
You need one IPv4 address.
While you can initially test Hipchat Server with only an IP address we strongly recommend you create either an A or CNAME type DNS record. The DNS record should match the qualified domain name that you configure on your Hipchat Server.
While Hipchat Server comes with a self-signed SSL certificate by default for initial testing purposes, we strongly recommend you use an SSL certificate purchased through a trusted Root CA vendor. For more information, see Creating or Obtaining an SSL Key and Certificate.
CPU, RAM, and disk space requirements
The amount of CPUs and RAM required depends on the number of users you have:
- Under 100 users: 2 CPU cores (2GHz or higher) and 4GB RAM
- Under 500 users: 4 CPU cores (2.8GHz or higher) and 8GB RAM
- Under 1000 users: 8 CPU cores (2.8GHz or higher) and 16GB RAM
- Under 3000 users: 16 CPU cores (2.8GHz or higher) and 32GB RAM
- Under 5000 users: 16 CPU cores (2.8GHz or higher) and 64GB RAM
The minimum disk space is 70 GB. We recommend you have 200 GB of disk space.
Inbound TCP ports
You need the following inbound TCP ports:
- 443 TCP web from Internet (clients and third party integrations)
- 5222 (TLS) TCP XMPP from Internet (pre 4.0 clients and xmpp bots)
- 5223 (SSL / TLS) TCP XMPP from Internet (pre 4.0 remote clients and xmpp bots)
- 22 TCP SSH from your local LAN for administration (or disable SSH and use local console)
- 80 TCP web from Internet (optional, allows redirection when Users type instead of https)
Outbound TCP ports
You need the following outbound TCP ports:
- 25 TCP (or access to your local email server)
- 53 TCP/UDP to DNS servers
- 123 TCP/UDP to NTP servers
- 443 TCP to barb.hipch.at for native mobile notifications
You can also whitelist
barb.hipch.at/iosindividually to enable mobile push for iOS and Android mobile devices.
- 443 TCP to marketplace.atlassian.com and marketplace-cdn.atlassian.com for Add-Ons discovery
- 80, 443 TCP to upgrade servers at
Additional port requirements for video chat
Hipchat Video runs using a Cloud hosted service. If using Hipchat Video for video chat, you must have a working internet connection, and:
- 443 TCP open for Hipchat clients and Hipchat Server
- 10000 UDP open for Hipchat clients
- be able to reach https://video.hipchatserver.com (once, for registration)
For more details, see Video Chat and Screen Sharing.
Additional security best practice recommendation
It is best practice to have routing and firewall concerns addressed before the Application Layer/Virtual Appliance. Therefore it is recommended that port forwarding be used (i.e. by a routing device). Any additional firewall restrictions should be enforced by a separate layer before reaching Hipchat Server.
Client system requirements
You and the people in your organization who will be using Hipchat, can view the system requirements for the Hipchat clients on the clients' download pages. For more information, see Downloading and Connecting Hipchat Apps.
One-to-one video chat works best when clients have 200ms or less network latency between them.