Migrating FishEye Between Servers
If you have defined the
FISHEYE_INST environment variable, then upgrades and migrations of your FishEye instance will be relatively simpler.
If you have defined
- Shut down your current FishEye server completely.
- Copy the
FISHEYE_INSTdirectory to your destination server.
- Copy and set up all of your environment variables from your source server to your destination server (remembering to set up your
FISHEYE_INSTdirectory to point to the location where you copied the data to in Step 2.
- Install FishEye on your destination server.
Read the note about external databases below.
- Start FishEye. It should pick up your environment variables, and from that access your
FISHEYE_INSTdirectory, which contains your configuration.
If you have not defined
FISHEYE_INST but would like to set it up
1) Shut down your current FishEye server completely.
2) Copy the following three items into to a new folder on your destination server (for example,
<FishEye installation directory>/
<FishEye installation directory>/var
<FishEye installation directory>/cache
3) Copy and set up all of your environment variables from your source server to your destination server. In addition to this, set up the
FISHEYE_INST environment variable as follows, replacing the
/path/to/fisheye_inst with the fully qualified path to the
fisheye_inst folder you set up in Step 2:
4) Install FishEye on your destination server.
5) Read the note about external databases below.
6) Start FishEye. It should pick up your environment variables, and from that access your
FISHEYE_INST directory, which contains your configuration. If you are using JIRA for User Management you might need to update the whitelist of the corresponding application connector in JIRA with the IP address of the new FishEye server to retain user authentication.
If you are using an external database it must be accessible from the new server since the steps above only include installing a new application and relocating your configuration data and repository indexes.
If you wish to migrate both the application, data, and your external database to a different server (e.g. to create a development or test server) then you will need to make a copy of your external database and update the
config.xml file (depending on the setup, located in either <FishEye/Crucible installation directory>/config.xml or FISHEYE_INST/config.xml) with the new database location prior to starting up the instance. See Backing up and restoring FishEye data for more information.