The Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) provides a set of functions for managing your plugins. The UPM is itself a system plugin. It allows you to perform common tasks such as:
- Finding and installing new plugins.
- Enabling and disabling plugins and their plugin modules.
- Configuring plugin options.
- Updating plugin software.
- Checking the compatibility of your installed plugins against newer versions of the application.
The UPM lets you interact with the Atlassian Marketplace. You can use the UPM to browse available plugins for your application, and try and buy plugins without ever leaving your application.
The Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) 2.0+ is available for a number of Atlassian applications. Currently, UPM 2.0+ is bundled in JIRA 5.0.1+, Confluence 4.2+ and Bamboo 4.0+. Earlier applications contain older versions of the UPM. If you want the functionality described in this documentation, you should upgrade to the latest version of UPM. The plugin's page on the Atlassian Marketplace (formerly Plugin Exchange) lists the latest compatible applications
Read more about the Universal Plugin Manager in the topics linked below: