Does Atlassian offer any discounts on licensing for charities and non-profit organizations?
Atlassian software is free for use by the official but not for profit organizations and charities. It's our way of giving back to the community (and to hopefully improve the productivity of charitable organizations too).
We designed Atlassian Community Licenses for the official, not for profit organizations and charities which are not for profit, non-government, non-academic, non-commercial in nature, have no religious affiliation and for people who cannot afford Atlassian software. If your organization does not fit into this description, we suggest you buy one of our commercial licenses – they are still affordable.
You can Learn more, and apply for a community license here.
For Atlassian Academic Licensing - The following organizations are eligible for an Atlassian Academic License:
- Educational institutions: Collegiate vocational schools, junior colleges, colleges, universities, or scientific or technical schools that are accredited by a national accrediting agency.
- Collegiate-level or higher administrative offices & boards of education: Provincial, district, regional, national, and state administrative offices and authorities of the Educational Institutions defined above.
- Public libraries
- Collegiate-level or higher home-school programs
- Research institutes that are affiliated with an accredited university.
- Teaching hospitals that are affiliated with an accredited university.
- Training and teaching organizations that are accredited by a statutory government qualifications body.
Note: You may need proof of accreditation or affiliation to order an Atlassian Academic License.