Jira Service Desk: Auto-assign issues
How can I auto-assign issues in Jira Service Desk?
サーバー版 / クラウド版
In Jira Service Desk there are 3 ways in which you can automatically assign an issue to a specific agent:
1. Depending on the request type:
- Go to your service desk's Project Settings > Request types and click Edit fields
- Click +Add a field and select the field Assignee from the list
- Once the field is added, click on the Hide option for the field
- Type the name of the agent that you want to auto-assign whenever a request of this type is created.
2. With the help of Automation rules:
Go to your service desk's Project Settings > Automation, click Add rule and opt for the Custom rule option and set the following triggers:
WHEN Issue created
IF issue matches Request type = 'Get IT help' (or whatever the name of your request type is)
THEN Edit issue - Field: Assignee - Value: <name of agent>
And Save the rule.
3. Using Components:
- Go to your service desk's Project Settings > Components, and add the various components and the agents who Lead them.
- Go back to Project Settings > Request types and click Edit fields.
- Click +Add a field and select the Component/s field from the list.
- Once the field is added, click on the Hide option for the field and select the name of the component with Lead whom you want to automatically assign to the ticket.
Now, when it comes to creating sub-tasks automatically, this is not currently possible, however, you can easily create linked issues from an existing ticket. So, when your agents can create linked sub-tasks one for "create domain account" and one for "configure email" and assign them to the responsible agent or use the created components which settle the assignee automatically.
In addition, you can also create automation rules which update linked issues when there is progress on one of them.
Alternatively, you can try some of the apps from our marketplace, for example:
- Automatic Sub-tasks Add-on (available only for the cloud version of Jira Service Desk)
- Automation for Jira (available for Cloud, Server and Data Center)
- ScriptRunner for Jira - especially for you receive requests primarily via email
- Create on Transition for Jira (available only for Jira Service Desk server)