Reindex JIRA issue keys
A reindex may be required when one of the following problems arise.
If the "Commit" view in Bitbucket Server doesn't show links to JIRA under the Issues column or doesn't show new JIRA issues in this column and neither of these known issues are the cause:
The development panel in JIRA is not showing an update status of the commits, branches or pull requests.
When the problem is on the Bitbucket Server side or related to the commits in JIRA:
- Create a backup before continuing.
- Shut down Bitbucket Server.
- Remove the contents of the
- Push to the repository with the JIRA issue key in the commit message to force a reindex of the data.
Read more here: Using custom JIRA issue keys
Note that this reindex will not remove any of the old JIRA keys from the index, It will just trigger the indexing to start from the beginning again. The snapshot contains the hashes of the refs it has already indexed and are updated after each indexing run. Data related to JIRA issue keys are stored in the
cs_repo_membership tables. Please don't modify these tables unless it's recommended by Atlassian.
It is currently not possible to update the development panel for the following problems:
- the status of a pull request is incorrect
- a branch is missing or incorrect