Bitbucket Server と AWS の使用を開始する
This page provides an overview of the options available for running self-managed Bitbucket Data Center and Bitbucket Server instances on Amazon Web Services.
Running Bitbucket on Amazon Web Services (AWS) gives you scalable computing capacity without the need to invest in hardware up front, while retaining control over where and how your code is hosted within your organisation.
To this end, Atlassian provides:
- a reference deployment in the form of an AWS Quick Start, which launches, configures, and runs Bitbucket Data Center and required services in a matter of minutes, using AWS best practices for security and availability
- an Amazon CloudFormation template that can be customised for different deployment needs while keeping the process automated
- an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) that can be used for running Bitbucket on EC2 as an application server building block in more heavily customised deployments
- tools and guidelines for manually deploying, backing up, restoring, sizing, and administering Bitbucket Server and Bitbucket Data Center instances on AWS
Deploying Bitbucket Data Center using the AWS Quick Start
The Quick Start provides two deployment options, each with its own template. The first option deploys the Atlassian Standard Infrastructure (ASI) and then provisions Bitbucket Data Center into this ASI. The second option only provisions Bitbucket Data Center on an existing ASI.
Atlassian Standard Infrastructure (ASI)
ASI は、アトラシアンのすべての Data Center 製品で必要なコンポーネントを含む仮想プライベート クラウド (VPC) です。詳細については、「AWS の Atlassian Standard Infrastructure (ASI)」をご参照ください。
Here's an overview of the architecture deployed by the AWS Quick Start for Bitbucket Data Center:
- Instances/nodes: One or more Amazon Elastic Cloud (EC2) instances as cluster nodes, running Bitbucket.
- Load balancer: An Amazon Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), which works both as load balancer and SSL-terminating reverse proxy.
- Amazon EFS ホスト: 複数の Jira ノードにアクセス可能な共通の場所にアーティファクトを保存する、共有ファイル システム。Quick Start アーキテクチャでは、高可用性構成の Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) サービスを使用して、共有ファイル システムを実装します。
- Database: An Amazon Relational Database (RDS) instance as the shared database.
- Storage: A shared NFS server to store repositories in a common location accessible to all Bitbucket nodes.
- コードおよびリポジトリ検索用の Amazon Elasticsearch Service ドメイン。
For more information on the architecture, components and deployment process, see our Quick Start Guide.
Bitbucket Data Center を AWS で管理する
See Administering Bitbucket Data Center in AWS for information about performing administration tasks on a Bitbucket instance within AWS, including:
- configuring variables when launching Bitbucket in AWS
- maintaining, resizing, upgrading, migrating, and customizing your Bitbucket deployment in AWS
- additional details about the components within the Bitbucket AMI
Securing Bitbucket within AWS
AWS is accessed over the public Internet, so it is important to apply appropriate security measures when running Bitbucket Server in AWS. See Best practices for securing Bitbucket in AWS for security guidance on a range of security topics, including Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Security Groups, and SSL.
To get the best performance out of your Bitbucket deployment in AWS, it's important to not under-provision your instance's CPU, memory, or I/O resources. Whether you choose to deploy Bitbucket Data Center, which offers performance gains via horizontal scaling, or a single node Bitbucket Server instance, we have specific recommendations on choosing AWS EC2 and EBS settings for best performance per node.
If you are using the CloudFormation template, these settings are already included. Otherwise, please see Recommendations for running Bitbucket in AWS.
Smart Mirroring can drastically improve Git clone speeds for distributed teams working with large repositories. For an overview of the benefits to mirroring, see Smart Mirroring. The Bitbucket Data Center FAQ also answers many common questions about smart mirroring (and mirroring in general).
For detailed instructions, see Set up a mirror.