You can open up public access for anonymous (unauthenticated) users to projects and repositories in Bitbucket Server. This allows you to:
- Broadcast your repositories to a wider audience who generally don't have access to your source.
- Utilize unauthenticated cloning of repositories when setting up continuous integration servers to work with Bitbucket Server.
- Link from other systems, for example JIRA applications or Confluence, to give users access to code without requiring authentication.
- Create open-source projects or repositories.
Public access allows anonymous users to browse the files, pull requests and commits for a specific repository or an entire project, and to clone repositories, without needing to log in, or have an account in Bitbucket Server.
In Bitbucket Server, you can:
- Configure a specific repository for public access.
- Configure a project to allow public access to all repositories in the project.
- Disable anonymous access by setting a global system property.
Making a repository publicly accessible
You can open up a specific repository for public (anonymous) access.
You need admin permission for the repository.
Go to the repository and click Settings, then Repository (under 'Permissions'). Check Enable (under 'Public Access') to allow users without a Bitbucket Server account to clone and browse the repository.
Making a project publicly accessible
You can open up a whole project (but not a private project) for public (anonymous) access.
You need admin permission for the project.
Go to the project and choose Settings, then Permissions. Check Enable (under 'Public Access') to allow users without a Bitbucket Server account to clone and browse any repository in the project.
Viewing public repositories
Bitbucket Server displays a list of repositories for which anonymous access has been enabled.
Anonymous and logged-in users can choose Repositories > View all public repositories to see these.
Disabling public access globally
Bitbucket Server provides a system property that allows you to turn off public access for the whole instance.
これを行うには、Bitbucket Server ホーム ディレクトリで
feature.public.access プロパティを false に設定します。