Transfer repositories and groups to your team
If you have repositories and groups in another team or your individual account, you can transfer them to your main team account. You must be an administrator of the teams you want to merge.
Before beginning the process, decide which team you want to keep. If you are already paying for one of your teams, you may want to keep that one.
KEEP_ACCOUNTwhen merging two Bitbucket accounts.
Step 1. Transfer the repositories from the account you don't want
To transfer all repositories out of existing accounts, you must have admin access:
- Navigate to the settings of each repository for the account.
- From the Repository details page, click Transfer repository.
- Enter the username or team name for the New owner.
- Press Transfer.
When you transfer a repository to another owner, Bitbucket sends an email to the team administrators or the account holder. The email contains a link to a page that allows the user to accept or reject the transfer. If the user has administrative access to more than one team, he or she can transfer the repository into any of these accounts.
Step 2. Accept the transferred repositories on the account you want
If you own the account with the repositories you're transferring, you'll be able to accept the transfer right away. Otherwise, you'll need to do a few more things:
- Log in to the account with the team you want to keep.
- Look for the Repository transfer request email.
- Click the View transfer request button.
- Select a project and press Accept.
When the transfer is accepted, Bitbucket automatically updates all the repository URLs on the Bitbucket site. As a result, all your team members will need to clone with the new URLs or update their repository URLs in the configuration file.
When you transfer a repository, it doesn't inherit the set permissions for the new team. After receiving the transfer, you can grant appropriate permissions for your repositories and create user groups for your team if necessary.
Step 3. (Optional) Manually recreate groups on the account you're keeping
You only need to do this step if there are groups and users that you want to add to the account you're keeping:
- From the account you don't want:
- Navigate to User groups.
- Identify any users and groups you may want to move over. You may want to take a screen capture or write down the groups and users you'll want.
- From the account you're keeping:
- Navigate to User groups.
- Add any groups and their members that were on the other account.
After you're done moving all your repositories and groups, you may want to delete the account you're no longer using or rename either account.