Fork a teammate's repository
- Fork a teammate's repository
- Copy your fork and make a change to the repository
- Create a pull request
Since everyone on your team is not in the Bitbucket space station all at the same time, one of your team members decided it would be a neat idea to gather some inspiring quotes that anyone can refer to, whether they are making plans for the new space station on Saturn's rings or adventuring out to a new solar system! Your teammate started up a repository with the thought that anyone can contribute and inspire. You decide that you have a quote you want to add.
In this example you'll fork a public repository belonging to a user called
- Depending on which DVCS tool you are using, use the search icon in the global sidebar to find one of the following repositories:
- From the repository you open, click + in the global sidebar, then click Fork this repository under Get to work. Bitbucket displays the fork page.
- Change the Name for example, to
- Press Fork repository.