Configuring elastic agent capabilities
You can customize the capabilities of your elastic agents by configuring the capabilities on the relevant elastic image.
You may want to configure the capabilities on your elastic image to force your job builds to run on particular elastic agents (e.g. running slow acceptance tests on your most powerful elastic agents). You may also need to configure the capabilities on any custom elastic images that you have created and/or associated with your Bamboo installation.
Please note that adding a builder, JDK or version control capability to the image does not install the actual builders, JDKs or VCS modules on the image. Please take particular note of this, if you are adding capabilities to a custom image.
To configure the capabilities on an elastic image:
- Click theicon in the Bamboo header and choose Overview.
- Click Image configurations in the left navigation panel (under 'Elastic Bamboo').
- Click Capabilities (under 'Operations') for the relevant elastic image.
Use the 'Add Capability' panel at the end of the page to add new capabilities to the image. Please see the following pages for further information:
- Defining a new executable capability
- Defining a new JDK capability
- Defining a new version control capability
- Defining a new custom capability
- Defining a new Docker capability
You can also edit, rename or delete a capability from an elastic image. Please see the following pages for further information:
You can also view the agents and elastic image configurations with a particular capability and the jobs with the related requirement by clicking View for the capability.
Any changes that you have made to elastic image capabilities will only be reflected in new agents started after the changes were made. You will need to restart any existing agents, if you want them to pick up your changes.
Screenshot: Configuring elastic agent capabilities