- Disabling a plan prevents it from being built. You can re-enable the plan, if you want to build it again.
For example, if a plan's latest build is broken and cannot be fixed quickly, you may want to disable it temporarily to stop the plan from being built.
- Deleting a plan removes it completely from your Bamboo system. You will need to recreate a new plan from scratch, if you want to build it again.
For example, if a plan is no longer relevant, you may want to delete it.
Disable a plan
- On the All Plans tab of the dashboard. click on the plan's name.
- Choose Actions > Disable Plan.
You can also disable the plan using the Plan Enabled check box on the Plan Details tab of a plan's configuration pages.
Note that disabling a plan doesn't disable its branch plans.
Delete a plan
Deleting a plan deletes everything related to that plan, including the plan's configuration, all of the plan's job configurations and the plan's branch plans, job build results, artifacts, labels and comments:
- Deleting a plan also deletes its branch plans. Be careful!
- The 'Admin' global permission is required to delete a plan.
- A plan that is currently being built cannot be deleted. If you need to delete such a plan, stop the plan's build first. Refer to Stopping an active build for more information.
- Bamboo 'cleans up' everything related to deleted plans every two minutes. You'll have to wait at least that long if you want to reuse the key from a deleted plan.
- If you need to keep a permanent record of the job build results for your plan, see Exporting data for backup.
There are two ways to delete a plan:
- From the dashboard:
- On the All Plans tab of the dashboard. click on the plan to delete.
- Choose Actions > Configure Plan.
- Choose Actions > Delete Plan.
- In the Administration Console:
- Click theicon in the Bamboo header and choose Overview.
- Click Remove Plans (under 'Plans') in the left navigation column.
- Select the plan you wish to delete.
- Click Delete at the bottom of the list. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.