Bamboo offers a range of optional settings to make your deployment project function more smoothly. Bamboo allows you to assign specific agents, elastic agents or image configurations to execute the deployment for the environment.
- Assigning agents to deployment tasks may reduce your build capacity. When an agent is assigned, no other builds or deployments can run on it unless they are also explicitly assigned to use that agent or image configuration.
- Starting from version 7.1, by default only global Bamboo administrators can add and remove agents assignments. To allow other users to do that, you must enable the Allow users to dedicate agents to builds and deployments option in the Security Settings.
Configuring deployment agents
Deployment environment agents are configured as part of the Other settings section of the environment panel.
To configure your deployment agent:
- Open your deployment project and expand the relevant environment panel. In the Other settings section, click on the Agents assignment button. The 'Agent assignment' screen will display:
In the 'Dedicated agents and images' section, enter an agent name, or use the drop down menu to select an appropriate agent:
Only agents applicable to the deployment environment will be available for selection.
Remember that capability and requirement matching still applies for deployment environments. If your agent does not have the right capabilities it will not be assigned at runtime even if the relationship has been defined.
- Click on Add to add new agent assignment
- You can remove an unwanted agent by clicking the Delete link on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click on Back to deployment project to return to the deployment project configuration screen.