Creating a local agent
A Bamboo agent is a service that can run job builds. There are the following types of Bamboo agents:
local agents run as part of the Bamboo server.
- remote agents run on computers, other than the Bamboo server, that run the remote agent tool.
- elastic agents run in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
Local agents run in the Bamboo server's process, i.e. in the same JVM as the server. Each remote agent runs in its own process, i.e. has its own JVM.
Note that one local agent, with the default name of 'Default Agent', is automatically created after installing Bamboo.
To create a new local agent:
Click theicon in the Bamboo header and choose Overview.
- Click Agents in the left panel (under 'Build Resources') to display a list of all local and remote agents that currently exist in your Bamboo system.
- Click Add Local Agent.
- Enter details for the agent. The name is displayed on the dashboard. The description is only visible to administrators.
Note that your new local agent:
- will be enabled by default.
- will inherit all local server capabilities that are defined in your Bamboo system.
- will be able to run builds for all jobs whose requirements are met by the agent's capabilities (see Configuring a job's requirements).