Disabling or deleting an agent
Bamboo allows you to disable or delete an agent, to prevent that agent from running any further builds.
- Disabling an agent lets you keep the agent in Bamboo, but stops it from running builds.
If you need to prevent Bamboo from building any plans at all (e.g. while you re-index Bamboo), you can disable all agents. By doing so, all builds will wait in the queue until you re-enable the agents.
Deleting an agent removes it from Bamboo altogether. If you need to use the agent again in future, you will need to recreate it (see Creating a local agent and Creating a remote agent for more information).
Note that you can also delete/disable individual plans and/or their jobs. This prevents the plans and/or their jobs from being submitted to the build queue. See Disabling or deleting a plan and Disabling or deleting a job.
To disable (or delete) an agent:
- Click theicon in the Bamboo header and choose Overview.
- Click Agents in the left panel to display the 'Agents' screen, which lists all agents that currently exist in your Bamboo system. The 'Status' column indicates which agents are currently enabled or disabled. Scroll down if you require remote agents.
- Select the check box for the agent (or agents) you wish to disable or delete.
- Click the Disable (or Delete) button above the table.
Screenshot: Agent — Delete or Disable Remote agent