Future releases and limitations
We're constantly working on features to improve your planning experience in Advanced Roadmaps, and we're also aware of some limitations. If you were previously using live plans, we've removed some features that weren't proving much value to our customers. If you need to use some of the removed functionality, you can disable the improved interface.
- Browser capability – We recommend that you use Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet Explorer 11 and Safari.
- Custom fields – We currently don't support the following custom fields: date-time picker and single-select cascading.
- Progress bar – The progress bar only includes the details of issues that are currently visible in the plan. This means that old releases may have inaccurate information. See Managing releases for more details.
- Team members are now assignees – There are team members in the teams view, but you now assign issues to assignees, not team members. You can only assign an issue to one person.
- Team capacity planning replaces individual capacity planning – When auto-scheduling a plan, Advanced Roadmaps considers the total capacity of a team to complete the work. Individual capacity settings are not considered. If you'd like Advanced Roadmaps to do this, you must set team capacity in your plan.
- Teams and sprints that have been set in Jira Software may not display in the plan – If a team or sprint is assigned in Jira Software, but these do not exist in the plan, then you cannot select this team or sprint in the fields section of your plan. There is no workaround for this. The only way to make the teams and sprints display as options is to add them in the plan itself.
- Issue estimates – After you enter an estimate for an issue, you need to click the tab key on your keyboard to get to the estimate field for the next issue in the plan.
- Stages and skills – We've removed stages and skills because there is low usage of such across Advanced Roadmaps users. Stages also require regular and manual maintenance, while skills require significant work to break down the skill estimates for each issue in a plan. Any data involving stages and skills only exist in a plan, and there's no way to integrate the data with Jira Software. This can lead to lack of transparency, which doesn't work with the product direction we're taking.
- Scheduling factors – We've removed the scheduling factors section; if an issue is not scheduled as expected, you can manually move and reschedule the issue directly in your plan.
- Shared people settings – Since individual capacity planning is not supported, any configured settings for global availability and absences and team availability and exceptions will not apply to plans with the improved interface.
- Themes – To replace the main value of themes, we've introduced flexible coloring options, particularly for custom fields.
If you need any of the removed functionality in your plans, we'd like to understand this better. Let us know via the give feedback button in your plan.